Crostinis are one of my favorite things to make when I am having company over. They are super easy to prepare, and with only a few ingredients, you have a delicious appetizer that everyone loves. I particularly like these crostisis because of the balance of flavors they have- the brie has a salty, butter taste which the sweet peach compliments perfectly. The basil and honey on top add those earthy notes which make this dish really pop. These crostinis are so versatile though, you can use all kinds of fruits and cheeses, I am mean really, what isn’t good on toasted bread?? Hope you enjoy!
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 6 oz brie cheese, cut into 2-3 inch slices
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the sliced baguette pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- When the baguette slices are almost golden, take them out of the oven and place a slice of brie on each piece of bread. Put the crostinis bake in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Let the crostinis cool slightly.
- Top the crostinis with a slice peach.
- Drizzle the crostinis with honey and garish with the fresh basil. Enjoy!