If you haven’t tried quinoa yet I would highly recommend it. It is such a healthful grain, and is packed with protein. I make this recipe all the time at the beginning of the week so I have a hearty and fresh lunch or snack on the go whenever I need it. This vegetable quinoa bowl is so versatile, it can be filled with whatever veggies you need to use up in your fridge! Today I made mine with artichokes, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Some other options I use include zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers… I mean the possibilities are endless! I like to flavor my broth the quinoa cooks in to add some extra flavor but this step is not necessary by any means.
- 1 c Quinoa
- 1 3/4 c Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, 14 oz., chopped
- 1 c Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English Cucumber (seeds removed, chopped)
- 1 Hass Avocado
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Put the spices, quinoa, and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 25 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Place all the veggies in a bowl and add the quinoa. Stir together. I sometimes like to add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end to brighten up the dish.
- Place in Romaine Lettuce "bowls" as pictured above!