Rice Krispie Treats have always been one of my favorite sweet treats growing up! I was at a bakery in Dallas last weekend and saw a version of these pumpkin Rice Krispie treats and could not get over how cute they were- I just had to recreate them! This festive dessert was so easy to make; they came together in under 30 minutes start to finish. These little pumpkin treats are great to for a kids holiday party or a friends thanksgiving.. they are a crowd hit! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1 pkg marshmallows
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 c rice krispies
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Mini Reeses peanut butter cups, about 14
- M&M’s (green only) about 14
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add in the marshmallows and continue to cook until completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the vanilla and the food coloring. Add 1 drop at a time until you have a pretty orange hue. You will need more yellow drops than red so be careful when doing this!
- Pour the cereal into the melted marshmallow mix and stir everything gently to combine.
- Spray your hands with vegetable oil or dip them in some and grab a chunk of the warm rice krispie mixture. I like to make them a bit smaller than the miniature pumpkins.
- When the Rice Krispie treats are formed into a pumpkin ball shape, place on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
- Continue to roll the cereal until you have all your pumpkins made.
- Place a mini Reeces in the middle of each “pumpkin” as the “stem” then a green M&M next Reeces as the “leaf”
- Eat and enjoy!
- These last 1-2 days in an air-tight container.