Need an easy weeknight dinner recipe? This is one of my go-to busy night dinners that is done in less than 30 minutes. It is super healthy and simple to make. This whole dish is made and cooked in foil so you have little to no clean up, which I know we all love! I like to serve mine with leftover cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes but the spinach and salmon is plenty filling on its own!
- 10 oz filet of salmon
- 3 c spinach
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced, extra for serving if desired
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c leftover or store bought mashed potatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay a long sheet of foil on the counter. Place the spinach in the center of the foil. Sprinkle the spinach with the garlic slices, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the spinach with a couple teaspoons of oil. Lay the salmon filet on top of the spinach. Drizzle more oil on the salmon and season with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Cover the salmon in lemon slices. Top the lemon with the thyme sprigs. These will perfume the salmon as it cooks in the foil package. Wrap the salmon up in a little package so it is sealed on all sides. Place the package on a baking sheet. Bake the salmon for 18 to 25 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is.
- To plate, I like to serve my salmon and spinach over mashed potatoes. You put the potatoes down first, then top with the wilted spinach, and salmon to finish. I garnish my salmon with extra lemon wedges and fresh thyme. Enjoy!