- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, about 6 cups, chopped
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- chives, optional for topping
- hot sauce, optional for topping
- In a large dutch oven or pot, place 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Saute the onion until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- When the onion is translucent, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 2 minutes then add the cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower for 5 to 8 minutes to toast it then add in the chicken stock and bouillon cube.
- Bring the soup to a boil then to a simmer. Cook the soup for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. When the cauliflower is tender you can turn off the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth with either an immersion blender or in a regular blender.
- I like to top mine with fresh chopped chives and hot sauce but these are both optional. Enjoy!