- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on how large they are)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Sambal (fresh chili paste), if you don’t like spice only use 1
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn into lettuce “cups”
- Mint leaves, Basil leaves, red onion slices, lime wedges
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground turkey in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. You want to cook the turkey until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the turkey is fully cooked, add in the garlic and scallions. Let the vegetables cook for 2-3 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce then add in the chili paste and honey. Lower the heat to a simmer and let everything cook together so the flavors can marry for about 5 minutes.
- Taste the turkey mixture to make sure it is seasoned correctly.
- To serve: place 3-4 tablespoons of the turkey mixture in each Bibb lettuce cup. Top with some fresh herbs, sliced onion and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!