- 2 filets sea bass
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1/2 white wine, I use pinot grigio
- 1 8 oz. jar diced tomatoes, I use Jovial Foods brand
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add in the shallots and garlic. Cook them until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and let the wine reduce by half. When the wine is reduced, add in the diced tomatoes and capers.
- Let the sauce cook down for about 5 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is coming together, season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place the filets in the tomato sauce, then cover them with the sliced lemons.
- Cover the sauté pan and let the fish steam in the sauce for 8-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and flakes off easily.
- To serve, remove the fish from the pan. Place the fish on a plate and spoon the sauce all over. I like to serve this with zoodles, noodles or some roasted vegetables.