- 10 oz tuna, I used 2 5oz. cans of Wild Planet
- 1/4 c nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce, I prefer Cholula
- 2 pieces sourdough bread, you could also use rye
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, cut into slices
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves, optional for garnish
- Turn the oven on to broil.
- First make the tuna salad. Combine the tuna, yogurt, Dijon and hot sauce in a bowl. Add some salt and pepper and mix everything together. Taste to adjust any necessary seasonings. You can add more hot sauce if you like things spicy.
- Lightly toast the sourdough in a toaster for 2-3 minutes. You don’t want it to have any color at this point but to be a bit crisp around the edges.
- Place half of the tuna salad mixture on one piece of the bread. Add 2 slices of tomato on top and then a piece of cheddar cheese.
- Put the bread on baking sheet and repeat with the other slice.
- Broil the tuna melts for 3-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble up.
- Top the melt with some fresh chopped basil and enjoy!